June 2019 - Present
Self-Employed UX Developer
I hope to join an organization where I can continue to grow and to apply my experience. In the interim I am doing freelance consulting on website design and development.
September 2018 - June 2019
UX Developer - Ascend Marketing
Customer engagement firm specialising in journey marketing automation.
Developed local businesses websites, mobile, and analytics strategy in support of building brands.
- Built a website to promote a new graduate online program for local university
- Consulted with local businesses on building websites using WordPress
- Conducted product research and provided detailed estimates for: Salesforce Chatbot, ADA Compliance efforts; developed proof of concept dashboard for a journey marketing automation solution using IoT platform node red
March 2017 - September 2018
Consultant - Self Employed
During this time I spent time narrowing my career focus to User Experience and digital marketing consulting in Amarillo, TX.
I also used this time to return to Graduate School.
June 2013 - March 2017
Director Digital Marketing -
Happy State Bank
Community bank privately held with $3-billion in assets under management.
- Redesigned the Internet Banking interface, created wireframes, created comprehensive RFP for vendors to relaunch internet banking and mobile sites.
- Piloted Microsoft Azure, Amazon Cloud (AWS) projects exploring brand consistency and performance metrics for secure customer information.
- Technologies: Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects Red Giant Plugins, Xamarin, Axure, OmniGraffle, UXPin, PHP, MySQL, .NET, MSSQL, Visual Studio, SharePoint, JSON.
March 2010 - June 2013
Creative Director - BetterMD
Privately held medical supply and electronic medical records company.
- Led agile education and implementation of management, development team; led daily scrums.
- Implemented software team version control; integrated legacy accounting system online/offline integration with Salesforce.com, MS SQL Server, Informatica.
January 2008 - March 2010
Sr Presentation Layer Developer - Razorfish
Razorfish is a leading digital advertising agency and interactive designer and developer.
Flash, ActionScript 3.0, Adobe Creative Suite
– Papa Johns: Pizza builder – Flash, JSON; Dell: Dell Studio (laptop cover design) – Flash/Flex components and API; JC Penny: Facebook connect API, “Denim Fit” campaign; ADT Security: Microsite; NFL: Video Player; State Farm Insurance: Microsite; Ralcorp: “Post Cereals” campaign – 3D zoom in/out, nutrition panel, Papervision 3D; Amway (Health, Beauty, Home Care): Product listings, PureMVC; AT&T: Wireless Simon game, Guttershark framework; Southwest Airlines: interactive UX prototypes, mini-app to rapidly prototype; Eclipse, Flash Builder, Aptana Studio, ColdFusion Builder, Design Patterns, OOAD, UML, Mac OS X, ASP.net
Video, After Effects, Motion Design
– Papa Johns: Pitch video, After Effects, Trapcode Suite; Kraft Food Services: “Natural Cheese” campaign, Cinema4D.
January 2000 - November 2007
Sr. Web Media Development
Software Process Consultant - Dell Inc.
Managed vendor RFP of over 100 participants to select, configure, deploy complex portfolio management suite. Delivered web-based training content for implementation of Niku – Clarity (Computer Assoc.).
Designed logo, launch-day posters, and promotional video for portfolio software. Developed e-learning content for software utilities and processes, multimedia tutorials; Adobe Creative Suite, ASP.net, MS Windows.
Tailored software processes software capability maturity model (SW-CMM); led software configuration management, project management, project tracking and oversight teams. Trained I/T staff and trainers in CMM processes, managed training and assessment for CMM certification. Built web site to support education and training.
Completed extensive training in CMM disciplines (project management, project monitoring and control, requirements management, configuration management, software quality assurance).
Led training material development, tailoring guidelines, designed, developed web site to support education, training efforts.
Worked on Dell premier online team as a project manager with all key stakeholders. Researched and recommended Agile and XP practices to product, project, development teams.
Managed large release of new development (Premier.dell.com) for public (government), relationship (large business) customers. Managed 7-8M$ projects involving development, test management, risk management, technical problem solving, scarce resource allocation.
Completed one of the first business process improvement (BPI) projects in the Dell online group.
2017 - Present
Master of Science – Computer Information Systems and Business Analytics (Candidate 2022)
- West Texas A&M
Project Management Professional Certification
Software Process Certification
- Carnegie Mellon University's Certification Partner TeraQuest
BBA Management Information Systems
- Texas Tech University, Summa Cum Laude
I’ve been involved in software development since 1993 when I began work with an ISP in Taiwan and created websites for expatriates there. I steered more into presentation layer design and development and user experience.
The end user’s key concerns energize me and compel me to work to build better solutions.
I moved into digital marketing while working at Razorfish in Austin. Since then I’ve taken every opportunity to work with video, audio, motion graphics, interactivity, and engaging experiences.